Sunday, December 18, 2016

Field Research

I have this unique relationship with clothing. I will go window shop much faster than actually buy some clothes for myself. It's a habit I developed when I was in college and super broke. I'll go to a store and pick out different pieces of clothing based on color, cut, and size (because a certain major Swedish store likes to have their clothes too small) and just try them on to gauge how they would look on me. I call it field research.

Today, I decided to conduct some research for a custom dress I plan on having made. I already know that certain materials make me look wide, so I avoid them at this point. But today, I found a surprise hit: a pink scoop neck hi-lo dress from Nicole Miller New York. The pink looked so pretty against my skin, and I didn't feel fat. The hi-lo part I wasn't a fan of, but I made a mental note of the type of top it was. 

Later on, I went home and did some online research to see the type of material and cut the dress was, and other dresses with the same material and cut, but in a mermaid shape. I had a very small moment of perhaps being in fashion school.

I gathered a combined look at sent my ideas to the designer. We shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment